Friday, August 31, 2012

Waiting for Resurrection Morning

We went to Utah for Sarah's birthday this year.  It has been 11 years since she was born and some of the children had never been to her little grave before.


The last time we went to Utah was for my Grandpa Clayton's funeral.  Eric, Jules, and Russell came with.  Scott and Russell had never been to Utah and had never been to their big sister's grave before.


Every year I call and buy a dozen or so roses from a certain florist.  Then I email around to my cousins or siblings attending college, and see if someone can pick them up and deliver them to Sarah's grave.  I don't want hers to be one of the poor little headstones that just sits bare on her birthday.


It was so delightful to walk into the store in person this year.  I know they don't recognize me or even notice that it's every year on a certain date that they hear from me.  All the same, it was fun to go in and do it in person this time.  We all went in, and we let each child pick a stem of flowers from the case.  Jules picked a big gerber daisy, Scott picked tulips, I picked snapdragons, Eric picked spider mums, and Russell picked a big, huge, boufy hydrangea poof.  It was $10 all by itself, but it's what he chose for his sister's grave.


The children were appropriately sober as we sat for pictures.  There's not much to do.  We usually sit for a minute at Sarah's headstone and then walk around to see all the other little headstones and tragedies marked at the Babyland section of the Provo cemetery.  My saddest are the three little triplet brothers up under the trees.  One baby was hard enough for me.  I want to give that mom and dad a hug.


It was sweet to be able to go to our baby's grave on her birthday.  We were going to leave the children in Eric's care and go to the temple where we were sealed to commemorate the day, but ended up not being able to do it because Mark wasn't well.  We later found out it was pneumonia, and that's a whole other story.

We were able to take the children and go walk around the temple grounds, so that was nice.  There were three weddings that day and we were able to teach the children about our wedding and why it's ok for Sarah not to be with us right now.  We got her for eternity!!  I love being sealed to my family and knowing that Families Can be Together Forever.  Resurrection Morning is going to kick butt!!!!!!

Love you, little lady!  See you soon!

4 comments:

Emma said...

What a great opportunity for all of you. I remember w I hard that you had lost your little girl. I didn't even know you were expecting. What a great reunion that will be.

Gretchen said...

This is a really sweet post. Thank you for sharing.

Tammy said...

I love this post. I'm glad you all got to go this year. I'm looking forward to the day when I will get to meet your sweet girl.

Jen said...

You gotta know I love this post!