Thursday, August 23, 2012

Daddy Daughter Sock Hop

 Warning:  Posts not in chronological order.  I'm posting things as I find the pictures I took.

Jules and Seth were invited to a Sock Hop activity for all the girls 8-12.  I don't think it's the last time I'm going to say:  it was ADORABLE!!  Jules brought the little invitation to her daddy.  She and I worked to get her ready.  I made the circle skirt using this here tutorial:  http://www.danamadeit.com/2010/09/the-circle-skirt-tutorial.html

Too bad Jules outgrew the saddle shoes she used to wear in Kindergarten.  The girls and their dads did several fun activities, aside from dancin'.  They had a "Pick Your Dad's Nose" out of a lineup activity.  The girls got to "Shave Your Dad" with shaving cream but no blades.  The girls got Wrist Poodles, as you can see in this second photo.  That little purse favor is actually a very fancy cookie.  The whole thing was super adorable.  We forced Seth to bring his letter jacket from high school.  He was hesitant to wear it (High School! Nerdy!), but ended up being glad he had it to set him apart from all the other dads in jeans and a white t-shirt.
I'm so grateful my daughter has a Daddy and that she knows he loves her.  I hope she goes on many more dates with her dad, that he teaches her the way she should expect to be treated on dates, and that they continue to be good friends for a long time.

1 comment: