Thursday, August 23, 2012

Easter

 I don't know why the blog is putting the pictures immediately up top and not letting me insert text above them.  Anyway, We had easter at Will 'n Jodi's this year.  Cousins like crazy.  The big kids set up a hunt in the front yard for the little kids while the adults set up a super-hard hunt in the back yard for the bigger kids. 
 I love Easter pictures, with kids racing around in fancy clothes trying to find eggs 'n candy.  I forgot to color any real eggs this year (whoops!) but certainly remembered to stuff plastic eggs with candy.  We had around 150 plastic eggs for my family alone, on top of all the ones Jodi had gotten ready.  We also have a golden egg that we fill with money.  I think it was a dollar this year.  One year it was five dollars.  Jules has found it every year.  Eric was the lucky winner this time.
 We also had a big ham dinner with cheesy potatoes and the works.  Usually the big, outrageous dinner is what defines our family parties, but this event was defined by the big, outrageous egg hunt.  Over the top, is how I might characterize it.
 I keep meaning to get bigger baskets every year.  These plastic buckets from the Dollar Tree are so sturdy, though!  And they stack up so nicely.  It's fun when the children fill their buckets and have to come unload to finish the hunt.
 We made the big-kids hunt super hard.  They did a great job getting the more obvious hiding spots, but we really had to give some hints on the ones that were buried or inside scary cobweb holes. My son Eric may be fabulous in many ways, but he kind of stinks at looking for stuff.  I want to teach him to be super-observant like the dad on Psych, but so far it's not working.
To sum up:  Easter was awesome.  We did the Easter All Week that we usually do, with the spiritual part Sunday Morning.  We topped it off with a Cousins' Rager Egg Hunt.  We'll definitely celebrate Easter again next year.  It's my favorite holiday.

No comments: