Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tuesday January 5th

Breakfast: planned cream-o-wheat, actually had oatmeal. I make my own instant oatmeal packets with a recipe I got online at http://www.betterbudgeting.com/articles/frugal/breakfast.htm and the children tolerate them reasonably well. I dehydrated my own strawberries and blueberries to put in them, too, to make fancy flavors.

Dinner: Pioneer Woman Simple, Perfect Chili, from her cookbook. My friend Jess went with my sister-in-law Gretchen and me to the book signing. We had to leave without getting our books signed because of the extreme enormity of the crowd and due to Jessica's curfew of 10pm. The missionaries were coming for dinner and we fed them chili last month when they came over, too, but I forged on, because New Recipe! It was pretty good chili, made especially delightful by sour cream, cheddar, and fritos piled high. Even the children thought it was pretty good. No big tomato chunks.

No comments: