Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January 6th

Breakfast: Toad-in-a-hole. I sometimes call this Pig-in-a-hole because it sounds funny. Funnier. Anyway, I got the "recipe" for this from the Pioneer Woman's cookbook, and I really like it. My family really likes it. Seth had two this morning, so, his compliments to the chef.

Dinner: Pioneer Woman Comfort Meatballs with mashed potatoes. Obviously from her cookbook. These were delicious. I would add a smidge less onion next time, but next time is still two times away, because I had to double the recipe, which I then divided into three dinners-worth. Confusing? I know. It's a pound and a half of meat, and we usually just go One Pound. So when I doubled it, it was three One Pound sections, two of which are in the freezer. Does anybody know if mashed potatoes freeze well? Because then I could just have the whole dinner ready to thaw and serve. Look into these meatballs. They're like little mini meat-loaf-balls or something.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Lisa conned me into a frozen casserole exchange last summer and they sent around a list of things that don't freeze well and potatoes was on it. Still, a lady made Shepard's pie twice--she did not freeze it though.