Thursday, January 21, 2010

January 18th

Planned Breakfast: pancakes. Every monday, pancakes. We really like pancakes. Please find our pancake recipe below:

Planned Dinner: Alphabet Meatball Soup. Actual dinner: I was at Dorothy's all day making "chocolate" candy to use up the candy stuff that's been on my counter and in my china cupboard for a year, so I didn't do the alphabet meatball soup. It's good, though, so I'll get the recipe up here in the future. What we had for dinner was the leftover Penne alla Wib, except that Seth had that for lunch already, so I made him his own dinner of Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup. The children were jealous, but as per our agreement, they didn't whine.

Pancakes: everybody has a recipe and most are pretty good, but we make this one. Many times we double it and have no problem eating them all.

1 c. flour
1 T. sugar
2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 beaten egg
1 c. milk
2 T. oil

I mix together the dry ingredients, add the liquid ingredients, stir, and cook on a hot griddle. And I NEVER add leftovers (love you Mom!)

No comments: