Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January 7th

Breakfast: Fruit and toast. Pretty easy. I just open a #10 can of peaches from Sam's, put a loaf of bread near the toaster, and get out the butter. This morning we actually had bagel toast because I went slightly bagel-crazy at the breadstore on Tuesday. 1.89 bagels were buy-one-get-one, so I bought two and got two. So, four total. But then if you spend so much you get one free, and I got two free, and all that was on the free shelf was, you got it, Bagels. So two more bags, for a total of six. We were pretty liberal with the bagels that whole week.

Dinner: Quiche. I got a bag of some kind of yellow stuff with chunks from The Place last summer. I just squeezed half of it into a pan and baked it, only to discover when I took it out of the oven that it was quiche filling. Then this next part still has me buzzing with how fantastic it is: on our way home from Webelos, Eric and I stopped at the store for a certain meat deal that was sold out. Ok, so be it. But PIE CRUSTS!! Pie Crust 2-packs were on sale for a buck!! I put four in our basket. Then on the back of each box I noticed a coupon for a dollar-off-two-boxes, bringing the per-box total to 50 cents and the per-crust total to 25 cents. I came home with eight boxes-- and I'm still super-psyched about having so many pie crusts ready to go!! Anyway, that was serendipitous, because I had already planned quiche for thursday, and therefore had the crust all ready to go. I told the children it was a fun breakfast pie called quiche and they ate their pieces pretty well. I thought it was astonishingly delicious, especially for something from The Place.

No comments: