Monday, March 31, 2008

Barf Explosion!

First day of Spring Break and we're partying like it's 1999, right?!!! So I slept in late and came down to find my angel children watching Curious George on PBS. They're so great. Then we had oatmeal breakfast (party!!) and went to the library. Can I just say, I LOVE the laser printer at the library. I have been wanting to print off all this music by Sally DeFord from the internet but our printer is TERRIBLE, so I finally got to the library to print it off. The process was quite simple, with just typing in your library card number a couple times and inserting some money. Then there's always a librarian to sass you, though. She was all busy doing something so I was waiting my turn and she sasses up at me,"Can I HELP you??" and I was all, uh, you looked busy, because you were doing stuff. Anyway, there's always a sass waiting from a librarian. Also the school ladies, but that's another post.

So we got home from the library and had some fabulous reading time, plus lunch and chocolate cake, which Jules and Russell didn't eat. Then later, after movie time, here comes Jules up the stairs, making that coughing barf sound halfway up. We ran to the kitchen at the top of the stairs and I yanked out a barf pot. Jules, the angel-princess that she is, had caught most of the barf with her hand, in front of her mouth while running up the stairs. By the time she got to the kitchen though, she was shooting more barfs out, and with her hand in place there in front of her mouth, it was spraying all over the kitchen like when you put your thumb in front of the garden hose. Poor girl. She kept thinking she was done, after every heave. I kept up an awesome Mom-calm-yet-fun-banter with her the whole time so's she wouldn't start crying and thinking something bad was happening. She was SO GREAT about getting cleaned up and everything, just waiting patiently to get her shirt and arms wiped off. And then the funny thing was that she started asking for chocolates as soon as we got her clothes all changed and I was like,"No you dih-n't just ask for chocolate! No sir!"

Anyway, she's resting with me now and I HOPE we don't have any more barf explosions but you can't even try to hope for that. You know how great it is being a mom, always raining barf!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Ugh...barf...double ugh. I hope it doesn't go through the entire family! When one kid barfs around here, I automatically assume the worst and start pulling out barf bowls for everyone.

What is with the sassafras librarian? I hope I can be one of the helpful ones instead of the rude ones who forget that the whole point of the job is to help the public! Hello! Paid with tax dollars!

jess said...

Oh my gosh, that's so funny! B did that at dinner, but just because he didn't like it not because he's sick. I'm sorry, I hope your week gets better!! Our Spring Break is off to a crappy start as well. Call me when your kids are better and let's get out of the house!

arianabanana said...

ugh...barf. Sorry to hear about that. So was she sick for a long time or was it just isolated spewing? I love your quilt....maybe one day if I hang out with you long enough I will absorb your awesome skills....though since it hasnt yet worked from hanging around jess, it probably wont work with you either. rats.

Kami said...

Oh my goodness!!! I know exactly what you mean about the garden hose effect! It's amazing what we moms can handle when it's our own kids. :) Poor thing, I hope she feels better!

By the way, your quilt is beautiful! Amazing!

I'm writing an English paper about crafters and wanted to ask if you'd be interested in answering some "interview" questions. I posted everything on my blog. I'd totally appreciate your help! Thanks!