Thursday, March 27, 2008

Something Really Cool for my Birthday

Check it out!! I got this monster lava lamp for my birthday. I've always wanted a lava lamp, ever since their re-emergence in the 80s. And, check the base: it has a dock for the ipod, so I can listen to my podcasts while I stare mesmerized at the lava, going up...and down...and up....and down...

Also it has radio tuners, but the reception in my downstairs workroom isn't too fabulous. Still, I LOVE THIS ITEM!!!! Plus, it has baby-mesmerizing effects. The other night, my boy Russell (two this Saturday!) was having such a sad time in his bed, so he came out and sat with me in the dark, looking at the lava, the hypnotic blubbery lava, which changes the light color from greenish to yellowish when it's all blopped down at the bottom. He was instantly calmer. I had to force myself away from the lamp to put him back in bed.

3 comments:

arianabanana said...

Welcome to the bloggin world!!! You know, I hate the word "blog" too, I think it sounds so dumb...but oh well. I actually pooh poohed the blog for a VERY long time, but now that I started, I'm hooked!!! I can't believe how well you embroider!! I wish I could do that kind of thing, but I have NO patience for small details!!! you are very talented.

arianabanana said...

oh by the way, if you ever want to check out my blog, its www.themanymarvelousmullens.blogspot.com

Becca said...

I think lava lamps are awesome, and yours is over the top awesome. I can't believe you can dock your ipod on it. That's cool.

So, my Grandpa had an original lava lamp. Sometimes when we were there for Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner he'd plug it in and set it on the kids (meaning 10 years and up) table. It was so old that it took that thing about half an hour to warm up enough for anything to start moving. So right around the time the big family dinner ended it was just getting going. I thought it was cool anyway.