Monday, February 8, 2010

January 21st

Planned Breakfast: yogurt? Actual Breakfast: I don't remember. I'm going to go ahead and assume it was some kind of fruit and english muffins. That seems right.

Dinner: MexiChicken. This was a risky move, considering my experience with the "Southwest Chicken" just earlier. I did it anyway, because I like to live my life On the Edge. This recipe is from Jenae Bethers (out of the Apex/Holly Springs ward cookbook), whom I freaked out at a Stampin' event by knowing her name and her husband's name even though we had never met. This cookbook is one of the reasons why I knew her name. Plus, last name Bethers. That's a dang catchy little last name. Anyway, the MexiChicken came out way better than the Southwest. It was delicious in leftovers for lunches later in the weeks. Here's the recipe:

4 chicken breasts
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 small box frozen corn
3 T. chopped cilantro
1 c. salsa
salt and pepper
chili powder

Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and chili powder. Brown and add all remaining ingredients. Simmer until chicken is tender.

I blended up the tomatoes to avoid chunk-rejection, and although I usually make it a point not to drain or rinse canned beans, I did this time, to make sure the recipe wasn't Wibis-ized in a bad way. Didn't wanna wreck it. Also I served this with rice. The rice, mixed in with all the beans and corn and whatnot, made it a delightfully complete dinner.

No comments: