Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Turns Out I AM Awesome

Check out my friend Jessica's blog. She took this fabulous, artistic picture of the socks. I, on the other hand, am the GENIUS who made them. Aren't they SO GREAT?! We took the first sock class together and Jess made a comment about wouldn't it be fun to make 24 little socks from wool and felt them down in hot water, and then string them up for an advent calendar? And you can put little treats in or poems or Christmas activities or whatever you want.

So I did it this summer. Actually, it only took three weeks or so to make all 24. I made them all different, and if I do say so myself, all cute. Since it was worsted weight yarn, it didn't take long to make each one, and I gave them to Jessica as a late birthday/very early christmas gift. The good thing about Jess, is that if I do something that is awesome, she is totally appreciative. She's the girl that will yell out how FABULOUS the gift is, before falling down on the floor praising my handiwork. So, she makes a good friend. It's a good way to get people to make you stuff, too, girl.

I'm not as internetly at Jess, but she tells me this picture of the socks has been adopted into some groups on Flickr or something. So, I guess some things I do turn out to be pretty rad.

4 comments:

jess said...

you do seriously rock at everything you do and these socks are AWESOME!!!!

Katy said...

Those are so awesome!! You really are talented! They all just look so fantastic!!! Way to go, Wibis!

Becca said...

Clever idea and great looking socks. I've never knitted and then felted wool, but I've seen the results from others and it looks so neat. Is it hard to know how much they will shrink?

Elizabeth said...

It didn't sort of matter how much they shrank, because they're not for people feet or have to fit anything. But I'm not patient enough to felt anything that has to fit. Lots of people do it though, all the time, so I guess it's not THAT hard.