Thursday, April 29, 2010

I Made a Delicious Salad

I'm trying to make my weight shift, in any direction. Down is my preferred direction, but not any change has occured since I came home from the hospital with Scott. That's been long enough that I should see SOMETHING. So anyway, it's salad time!

I made a really delightful salad the other day, then made another even more delightful one the next day. Here is the "recipe:"

1 big huge handful of "Spring Mix" greens
2 T. craisins
2 T. slivered almonds
1 T. feta cheese, crumbled up
5 stuffed green olives
2 T. roasted red pepper vinaigrette dressing

Mix it all up in a serving bowl. Eat the whole thing yourself for lunch. It comes out to about 295 calories and leaves you wanting MORE! And that's saying a lot, for me, for a salad. It would also be good with other kinds of greens, plus croutons would be good in there but would add calories and not nutrition.

I dub this salad the "Wib." As in, "would you like the House Salad, the Caesar, or the Wib?"

1 comment:

Blackeros said...

I would just love to know how all the weight shifting turns out.