Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Squeamish Much?

If you're easily grossed out and/or don't want to know the very intimate details of something I did the other morning, just skip to a different web page. Just go right now. I won't be offended.

But YOU might be offended if you stick around, because my news is GROSS.

I cleaned out my ears. I couldn't hear and my ears were hurting. I used a bulb syringe and some of those cleany drops. What is not in my ears anymore was FOUL. You know those cap-erasers for pencils? That you have to buy for school kids but which never get used? That is the approximate size and shape of what-is-not-in-my-ears-anymore. Yes, it's true. And after the first one appeared in the sink, I made Seth look at it. And then I heard the second one pop out of the other ear.

This is gross. This is truly disgustifying. I know this. But this is my news. For the last two days I have felt like I was wearing a plastic helmet because everything is so loud and echoey with my new ear-situation. Also there might have been a little water left in there because my ears are notorious for having water stuck in them. It's terribly grody news, but it's good news.

1 comment:

Julie said...

My oldest Hannah and "son stuck in the middle" have been plagued with these plugs too. Hannah screamed the first time she pulled a sweater over her head and had one in her ear. She too complained of the world being too loud. We have found that there is an earwax removal drop that is helpful...Glad your back to hearing...I think I am just going deaf--no earplugs :(