Saturday, April 17, 2010

I Stuffed a Pumpkin Full of Hush Puppies

The hush puppies were left over from last week's Taste of Cherry Creek ward activity. I made Carolina BBQ as my ethnic dish. A week out, I didn't think they were worth keeping.

The pumpkin I grew in my garden last summer. I had the pumpkins in the boys' bedroom window because I don't have a root cellar. It's a little sunnier in the boys' window than in a root cellar, so some of the pumpkins didn't make it. This pumpkin was dry and tender. You try to pull it off the window sill by the stem and the stem flops right off, creating a perfect little Pup-hole. So I stuffed all the outdated hushpuppies into the pumpkin, en route to the compost heap out back. It was fun to stuff them in. I'd do it again in an instant.

No comments: