Monday, October 8, 2012

Big News: Nothing!

I was diagnosed in 2008 with thyroid cancer.  It was a nice sized tumor.  I had the surgery and treatments in 2009.  The follow up includes scans and neck ultrasounds, along with constant, every 6-months blood tests.

The neck ultrasound last year revealed a small "object" about 2x3x6 mm in the left thyroid bed where the tumor was.   This meant I wasn't yet "cancer-free."

This year's ultrasound was last week.  I had a friend come with me because I HATE going to the University Hospital.  That's a whole 'nother post, though.  The doctor called back with the official results the following day:

Nothing!!

Best they could figure is that last year's ultrasound tech had been super-thorough and super-meticulous to report ANYTHING, even if it was nothing.  That's good, because Just In Case.  In my case, though, it prevented the Cancer Free test result for a year, is all it did.  I appreciate her being circumspect, but I appreciate more OFFICIALLY NOT HAVING CANCER ANYMORE!

:)


2 comments:

Julie said...

That is truly AWESOME news! So glad you are Cancer Free! Yeah! Way to kick cancer's you-know-what!

Emma said...

Yay! That is great news!