Sunday, July 10, 2011

I HAD A BABY!

This is old news for some of you. After a threatened miscarriage, a hard recovery from cerclage surgery, and many difficult months trying to be a mother to four children while physically disabled by pregnancy, our son was finally born.

Mark Bryant Leech came on May 10th, at 2:11 pm, after 10 hours of weird labor. I think if I had walked around and been upright for longer, labor wouldn't have been so weird. But I test positive for group B strep and needed IV antibiotics for the baby before delivery, so I went in as early as possible to the hospital. Anyway, baby Mark threatened to need a c-section with his little reduced heart rate, but we ended up not needing one, THANK GOODNESS.

I recovered quickly from the delivery and Mark started out as an absolute living doll of a baby. He's a little gassy now, but he's still pretty dang good.

5 comments:

Gretchen said...

Okay, when I first saw this I was like, "Wait, another one? How is that humanly possible?" :)

Sorry Mark is gassy. Poor baby.

Emma said...

Well congrats - very belated, but congrats nonetheless!

Dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave said...

Congratulations Elizabeth. I am just finding out about your new baby and I hope that all is going well.

David Clayton

Julie said...

Congratulations on little baby Mark! We are so happy for you and grateful you avoided a c-section although Strep B is not too fun either. Did they insist on putting your in "straight from the fridge" too? No fun but glad he is here safe and you are doing well.

P.S. Glad you got a spontaneous, quiet date night. You deserve it!