Monday, April 13, 2009

What Russell Did Just Now

Oh. My. Gracious. Russ has been having a hard time lately. I believe it's because he's just turned three, and his whole world has been so tumultuous lately and a lot of good reasons, but also I fear that it's because he's secretly insane and will later have serious mental problems.

Anyway, he was over at the couch playing Little People and then he got out this HotWheels car wash thing and he was getting SO FRUSTRATED because the slide/ramp WOULDN'T STAY UP. He was stampling his little feet and screaminating and I was like, What? What?! I want to HELP you!! And he ended up just running away in frustration. This always happens in movies and on tv, but we weren't allowed to do it in my family growing up. So I let him go, to see what would happen. And what happened was, he put himself to bed. I just went down there and he was snuggled up under his favorite green blanket, hugging onto his favorite stuffed animal, Humphrey the camel. And he was totally calm. He just needed to get away, DANG IT. And now that I just peeked in there again, he's fast asleep. He put himself in for a nap when things got too hard. He really is my kind of boy after all.

The sad part is, that I have to wake him up in like five minutes to go drop him and all the other children off at the cousins so I can go for my post-cancer Endocrinologist appointment and get my Synthroid dose adjusted.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I think three is a lot more crazy than two. My kids always turned insane when they are three and then four comes and they become normal again. So hang on--only one year of craziness!!! So comforting, right? :-)

How did the Dr. appt. go?