Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I Had A Baby

And his name is Scott. Enough already with the carrots, right? I have real news. After causing us trouble all summer and trying to get out early, Scottie finally arrived right on time, Monday December first. It was a super-quick delivery, where we made it to the hospital within 20 or 30 minutes of delivering the baby, and if we had hesitated any more, we could have had a Bad Night. He came whether we liked it or not. I did it without an epidural. So now I've had one of every kind of birth: induced labor, preemie, c-section, vbac with epidural, "natural" delivery. Did I miss anything?

The funny part is that the whole time I was praying for Scott to be born the SUNDAY after Thanksgiving. I need to work on my enunciation or something, because Heavenly Father must have thought I was saying MONDAY that whole time. No sweat, though, because I couldn't have asked for a better birth. I was afraid to ask for a better birth, in fact, because just the timing was blessing enough. But I did sneak in a couple prayers where you're like, So if you want to bless me with such and such a fabulous birth with this baby, that would be great and I would be so grateful.

Everyone's always bloggin' it up about their babies and putting pictures and stuff, and it's not my intention to let Scott take over and dominate my blog. But he is super cute and super cuddly and super sweet. This last saturday night, at age 12 days, Scott slept from 10:30 pm until 7 in the morning. DANG!!! He's a really good blessing and I am super ultra grateful for him.

It's weird, too, because I'm grateful he caused so much trouble. Without it, I wouldn't have been diagnosed with cancer and I would be ignorant or it and it would go on growing and getting nastier and nastier. I had the last pre-surgery ultrasound this morning on my lymph nodes and it looked good, with no obvious signs of contamination. A few more fun tests and we are GO for surgery!

2 comments:

karen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Im so glad is he is good for you. I would like to see a picture if its possible. jnkford@yahoo.com. Im sure he is just as cute as your other kids. Good luck with your surgery. Stay safe and healthy.

Melissa and Matt said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and glad you and a great birth with little Scott! We are praying for you and that all will go well with your surgery. (David's Kaya was also born on Dec. 1).