Saturday, August 9, 2008

TV Show Review

So I don't really watch TV that much. Seth and I like to catch the occasional season of Survivor and I like the first few weeks of American Idol. Also we never miss The Office. But honestly, not that much tv. So my brother- and sister-in-law told me about this show: WipeOut. Just hearing them describe it, I was CRAZY to watch it. I LOVE stuff like that. And so I watched it, after missing it several weeks in a row. Can I just say, I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

Bloopers and Practical Jokes was funny; Funniest Home Videos was funnier. People falling down is so hilarious, I can barely keep myself from laughing just thinking about it. So the premise of this show wipeout, is to put people on an impossible obstacle course and see how much they fall down. Then you take the winners from that and put them on harder impossible physical challenges. The Sweeper event puts contestants on poles and then just runs a pole around to sweep them off while they're trying to jump it. The first time I tuned in, there was a guy trying to get past the boxing-glove wall, where you have to cling to the wall and try to get by but with boxing-gloves punching out at you, all up and down, at random times. I almost peed my pants I was laughing so hard.

Then this last week they did the sort of "best of" show, which was great because there were just clips of wipe-out after wipe-out and each one would be more hilarious than the last. They have these big huge rubber balls and you have to try to jump on or run across them all, but of course they only had footage of one guy ever being able to do it. And he had to be the first one of the day, because after you fall in, you are all muddy and that gets on the big rubber balls and makes them slipperier.

In summary, this is a really great show. They have a lady-reporter down by the track and she doesn't even try to hide her laughter. Clearly this show is all about getting fabulous footage of people falling down, bonking off of huge rubber balls, getting boxed in the gut at random times, and in general being super-hilarious. Two thumbs up!!! tuesday nights on ABC

2 comments:

Jodi said...

So, all I have to do to make you laugh is fall down? Sounds simple enough...I will try it next time I see you. Or will pushing Will down count?

Shalyse said...

We love Wipeout too! It is the best! So entertaining! Glad you enjoy it!

How are you feeling and how is the baby?

Love you Wib!