Monday, August 4, 2008

My First Cancer Flowers

Eric came down and said, "There's a guy at the door with flowers." So within 18 hours of posting my new medical situation online, my brother and sister-in-law, Will and Jodi, had these flowers delivered to me. I was sobbing and sobbing for two reasons, one good and one not as good. First, because it was so unexpected and so dang awesome and so soon. But second, because Cancer Flowers! I have Cancer! so the children were lined up, one, two, three, asking what was wrong and was I ok. I had to calm it down and explain to them as nonchalantly and lovingly as possible, how sometimes the cells that we're made of go bad, and I had some bad ones in my neck , but not to worry, because the doctors are all over it, taking care of it and after a little while, there won't be anything to worry about, children!

Thanks, Jodi and Will! YOU guys are awesome!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Dang it. There wasn't supposed to be crying! They aren't cancer flowers. They are "hey, you are so awesome, we just had to send you flowers and that's the only reason" flowers. NOT. CANCER. FLOWERS.

Will said...

No, YOU are awesome!

PS: In order to post this comment I had to read and type in the letters "rtdrea" -- which, I couldn't help but notice, is an anagram of "retard". Coincidence?