Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Baby's Turning Out Pretty Good

...for all the dang trouble he's causing. It was anemia, not enough progesterone, and blood diseases at the beginning, and then now he's trying to get out half-baked. (explicit pregnant talk follows. Be forewarned) I had my cervix measured and it was pretty short. My measurements with Russell were all four something and the baseline with this new guy was two something and then I went to the Perinatologist last week and the first thing he says after, "I'm doctor so-and-so," was "See this number right here? That's not a good number." I knew that, because it was 1.7 something and that's the smallest number I've seen EVER. So he already had the nurses out trying to schedule me for surgery the next day.

So dang it. I had the cerclage the next day which is a stitch to keep things all tightened up like your Uncle Scrooge's Purse Strings, and it would be fairly simple if you didn't have to get a dang, stinkin' spinal to have it. So Seth and I were at the hospital all the next day and finally five hours after I had the spinal, I could feel enough to walk to the potty and do my pee-wee, so they let me go home. I had the same surgery to keep my fatty-baby Jules in, except that when I was all dressed and ready to go home and had done my pee-wee and everything, I was sitting in a wheel-chair waiting for my mom and...I barfed. First I asked for a cracker which helped a little bit, but then I barfed it up. Plus the force from that caused me to pee my pants. So I just got in the dang car and went home anyway, since it was a drizzly day and who cares. I just had surgery and I wanted to go to bed.

But no barfing with this guy. The catch was I had to be on bedrest for a week afterward, until the doctor could look and make sure it was all healed and working. I didn't know what we were going to do with the other three big kids. Seth's mom asked if we needed her to come up and help and of course we said YES so she came up the next day. And then all these ward-members started showing up at our house with meals and videos and also taking the children for fun times. I just started crying every time, after the first couple. With Jules I had to BEG for help and that was just a miniature trickle of help with one tiny kid. so Cherry Creek Ward Rules!!! Of course the baby's fine. It's just me trying to keep him in until he's fully-cooked and delicious like a little plumpy warm cinnamon roll.

3 comments:

Becca said...

You keep saying "he." Does that mean it's a boy?

We're keeping you in our prayers.

Jodi said...

Hurrah for good wards!!! And moms who can come and help!

Keep that baby cookin'!

karen said...

Im glad to hear you are doing well. And the baby is still there. I take it, its a boy? Congrats. Arent little boys fun. I must agree that Cherry Creek Rocks. I miss it alot. Our ward here is ok but nothing like it was in CO. I miss you guys. I hope baby keeps a cookin'