Tuesday, April 22, 2008

WHOOOO-EEEE!

A couple things have happened since the last stuff. First of all, I went back and got my real spicy Baconator and it was SO MUCH BETTER. Spicy and delicious with a little jalapeno crunch. Ooh, that's making me want to eat one right now.

So another thing is that I turned up with a bun in the oven. There were a couple super-scary things about this, though. I had a doctor's appointment the morning after I took the home test and she called me back with all this scary blood-work stuff about not enough progesterone and go get this prescription and the numbers are all bad and you have a blood disease, probably. Plus anemia. Well, I went back the following Monday for a re-test and of course, no offense to doctors for worrying and being up-in-the-night about stuff, but everything came back fine. But then I still had to have an ultrasound and she was all quizzing me whether I had any back or abdominal pain. So next morning on the internet (a blessing and a curse) it turns out low progesterone plus back or abdominal pain means the baby's not in the right place, like you could lose an ovary or worse. So I was super-worried all week until the ultrasound Thursday, which I had to drive through a freak-terrible-snow-storm to get to. I was all worried about the baby and then I had to drive through this stinkin' terrible weather and I was just relieved to get there alive. And (one more time, of course) the ultrasound showed little beany-baby, right in there where she belongs, with her little beating heart doing just what it should. So no worries, eh!?

And that was my daughter Juliana's birthday. So the next day I had 6 or 8 little 5 year olds over for a one-hour casual birthday-themed party. I was scheduled to go out with the ladies that night, but with all the stress and party stuff and all, I just welched out of that and went to BED!!

Then I'm going to top all that off with a visit from my church leader, asking me if I'll work with the 12 and 13 year old girls in the Young Women's organization. DANG IT!!!! Bless their hearts, but I didn't like 12 and 13 year old girls when I WAS a 12 or 13 year old girl. So this will be my chance to learn to love them and all. Already this week I have three meetings...

2 comments:

karen said...

CONGRATS. Im so happy for you. I hope it all works out. You will have to post pictures after the bun comes out so I can see him/her. Good luck with the Girls. They can be a challenge but are so sweet and eager to learn too.

jess said...

Wow, I didn't know you were going public yet! I'm so happy for you!