Saturday, August 28, 2010

I Love Living Here!


We live close enough to DIA, Buckley Air Force Base, the Air Force Academy, and several smaller airports that there is a good deal of air traffic over our home and in our surrounding skies. The cool thing is, you can totally hear when it's something totally cool, as opposed to just some commercial jetliner or somebody's private jet. And at Buckley, the fighter jets periodically go out on training missions or whatever, and they go in sets of two or three or sometimes four. I love this so much. I can hear the roar and run out my front door and see two or three superfast jets in the sky above my neighbor's house. Or else the huge military helicopters. I just love that they're not as diddly and weak as your usual air traffic.
So there's this park, and it's a lot closer to Buckley Air Force Base than my house. It's a major attraction because it has water-squirting features. We were at this park with some friends a few weeks ago. I heard the familiar roar of my beloved butt-kicker fighter jets, so I turned around to where I knew they'd be taking off and THEY WERE RIGHT THERE, right behind us. They were SO CLOSE. It was awesome. They're so loud and roar-y and they could totally kill you dead in a second if they wanted to. I love them. One took off, and then within a minute at most another one roared off the ground and then another one. I can't stress just how cool I think they are and how cool it is to be RIGHT THERE watching them take off from so close. It's like going to the air show but it's all the time.
And so, I conclude this topic with this statement: I love living here. It is the bombiest! Not real bombs. We mostly get fighter jets and not bombers anyway.

No comments: