Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sometimes I Make Stuff that's Ugly

The idea was that it would be a football. It's the third or fourth cake I baked in my P-Chef batter bowl. It came out far, far uglier than the others. It stuck to the bowl and turned into a stupid pile of crumbs when I took it out. And then, to make it even doofier, when I cut it in half, I missed the line of symmetry and ended up with a very lumpy , terrible, lopsided footballish-type thing. After that I was all, Seth I love you, but I am not loving this cake, so Sorry! I just slapped on some homegrown brownish frosting and this is the end result. I even forgot to bring candles to Dorothy's for the party so that's a tealight up top. Delightful smell, though! I believe we were all calling it The Turd Cake. Me especially. Next year, Seth, you'll get a decent, respectable cake. Next year.

3 comments:

Shalyse said...

I think the cake turned out awesome. I knew what it was before I read your post about it. Good work! I am not so creative on the other hand. WEll, you are awesome!

Jodi said...

Hahaha...you said "turd cake"...hahaha!

Julie said...

Happy belated Birthday Seth!